At what age did you really start to take care of your skin? Many of you might say 19? 20? 21? But really? Even I myself as a skincare guru say 24 (only a year ago), so think again. Once you realize the mistakes you have been making about skincare and some of the basics that you’ve missed, your answer might change. The ‘real skincare’ only starts when you exactly know what your skin needs according to not only your skin condition but also your AGE.
Ladies in your 20s like myself mostly will be aware of what skin type you have and have a sense of what routine works out for you and what ingredients do not fit your skin. But what matters is not only, of course, your skin type, but also age. when creating a skincare routine and choosing products. And today, we are talking about skincare in the 20s. The way you care for your skin in your 20s will determine the condition of your skin in your 30s and 40s, so let’s see some of the basics and a recommended routine considering those basics.*Something you might be interested as well…
3 Basics Rules to Remember in the 20s
There are only 3 key points to remember when you create your skincare routine. With these 3 key points, your skin will continue to be young and healthy even with the pass of time.
1) Anti-Oxidant Care
When we breathe in oxygen, the oxygen transforms into an oxygen that attacks the cells and destroys the tissue. And when we are young, our body naturally carries anti-oxidant factors, however, antioxidant factors decrease and therefore our skin starts aging. So if you wish to continue to keep your skin young and vibrant, it’s important to start anti-oxidant care. Using skincare products formulated with plant-based components that can work as an active antioxidant in the skin and also help actively excrete the toxins and waste products from the skin by strengthening respiration between skin cells.
2) Promoting Collagen Production
Collagen is found throughout our body. Once we pass our 20s, our body’s collagen level gradually decreases and eventually falls to half what it used to be in our 20s. ‘Fibroblasts’, which can be thought of as collagen factories, control the production and synthesis of collagen. The underlying cause of aging is a decrease in the number of fibroblasts, decrease in their functionality, and therefore, the thinning of the collagen layer. Therefore, in order to generate collagen and prevent aging, at-home care using massage techniques and cosmetics should be carried out regularly.
3) Taking Advantage of Skin Cell Regeneration Time
The skin’s prime time is nighttime. The skin is usually most active in regenerating itself from 10 pm to 2 am when the hormone melatonin is secreted and works to clear the skin. This is why we stress that getting plenty of sleep is essential for healthy skin. While it’s definite we should be asleep from 10 to 2, getting at least 7 hours of sleep a day allows your skin to restore itself after being exposed to the environment all day long. This is why night care is more important than morning skin care. Applying the nutrients your skin lacks to your face and getting plenty of sleep during the skin’s regeneration time, allows the nutrients to absorb deep into the skin for even greater effects.
Why is Using the Best Night Cream So Important?
Cream is usually the last product that we put on our face in our skincare routine. It functions as a shield that will lock in all the moisture and the ingredient that we have applied earlier in the routine and also with specific ingredients, and also throughout the night while we are asleep, seeps into our skin giving that effective care that you are looking for in a skincare. So what’s important when choosing the best night cream? It is always important to look into what skincare concern you have and wish to see effect throughout the night. And among many different effects, you can see from a cream, pore care, and brightening can be the most effective skin care that you will see an effect throughout the night.
Night Routine for the 20s with the Best Night Cream
It’s only 6 steps you have to remember. Exfoliating > Prepping the Skin > Wrinkle Care > Hydrating > Sheet Mask > Night Cream. We have brought some product recommendation as well, so if you want further details on the product, click the link.
1) Exfoliating: [KLAIRS] Gentle Black Sugar Facial PolishHow to: With a scoop of the polish, roll gently using the fourth finger. 1 minute will be enough!
2) Prep the Skin: [KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial TonerHow to: Using a compressed cotton pad, prep the skin for better effects of the next skincare steps!
3) Focus on Wrinkles: [KLAIRS] Midnight Blue Youth Activating DropHow to: 1. Mix toner & blue elixir (in the ratio of 1:1) > 2. cut the sponge pad into half > 3. wet the sponge pad > 4. attach the pads under your eyes for wrinkle care! Tip: Cut the cotton pad into half and soak it with the blue drop and attach it under eyes
4) Hydrating: [KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial TonerHow to: Apply another layer of toner to give 1st hydration onto your skin!
5) Sheet Mask: [COSRX] Holy Moly Snail MaskHow to: Instead of serum or essence, add a sheet mask with rich hydration and nutrients!
6) Finish with the Best Night Cream: [SKINMISO] Pore Zero Night CreamHow to: Apply the cream evenly all over your face and make sure to absorb them well
*Finish with the night cream of your preference but why not go for pore care and brightening?
All you need to spare is 1 more minute for your better skin!
- [KLAIRS]Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish
- [KLAIRS]Supple Preparation Facial Toner
- [KLAIRS]Toner Mate 2 in 1 Cotton Pad
- [KLAIRS]Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop
- [COSRX]Holy Moly Snail Mask
- [SKINMISO]Pore Zero Night Cream