Hello guys! This is Yuri. Today, I’m gonna show you a look from a hot Korean idol group – EXO, Xiumin’s signature makeup look. Even though Xiumun is a man, he often wears very attractive make up. So I thought it would be pretty even on a woman. So Today I’m gonna show you his Red Brown Smokey Makeup tutorial.
Let’s get started!
Watch the video tutorial, or scroll down for the step-by-step guide
Step by Step Guide
- First, Apply some lip balm of your choice on the lips before starting.
- Apply small a amount of a primer that can cover up your pores. Make sure to use a very small amount. Remember that applying it in different directions can help covering the pores even more.
- Next I’ll apply this Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream from Klairs with a makeup puff. It has not only good coverage but also moisturizing properties. It gives the skin a more clear looking finish, which is the reason why I’m using it.
- Next, I’m gonna cover any red spots on my face using this concealer. Use a tiny concealer brush for targeted coverage.
- Then, I’m gonna mix these two colors of the melting foundation and apply it to the T-zone in order to make the face to look more 3-dimensional. And then contour your jawline to make his V line with the Melting Cream Foundation Beige and Dark brown.
- I’m gonna draw XIUMIN’s high and short nose. Mix the dark brown and beige cream foundation from before. And put some on the nose bridge with your finger tip. And apply it to the tip of the nose to make it look shorter.
- And last, I’m gonna put powder by
Rivecowe Moisture Twoway Cake in #21on a brush and place it all around the face.
- Let’s start with the smokey eye makeup. To increase the color formation and lasting power, apply eye primer on the eyelids and under the eyes.
- Spread brown shadow MisQs in #shakeshake widely on the eyelids and on the under-eye zone to give depth to the eyes.
- Apply a red brown shadow on the lids and some under the eye areas as well to connect the upper eyelids.
- Using a black shadow, to make more depth in your eyes by applying it to inner front & the ending of the eyes. And do the same accent on the end of under eye area as well.
- Fill in between the lashes and the waterline using a waterproof black eyeliner by Makeon to add more depth.
- Use the same eyeliner, and draw on the inner corners and the outer half of the waterline but not the center. Layer black shadow on top of the line to add more depth.
- After curling the eyelashes, remove the excess mascara and apply lightly.
- Moving on to the eyebrows. I’m going to be using this bright brown shadow and grey brown pencil. Apply it strong and thick. Draw it so the arch is really high. To match XIUMIN’s eyebrow color, use a tinted eyebrow mascara.
- Next, apply a highlighting powder on your nose bridge between the eyes and on the tip of your nose. Do not wear it on whole nose bridge, because it can make your nose looking longer.
- OPTIONAL: Remove the previously-applied lipbalm with tissue to rid the shine. Apply lip concealer around the lips. Apply a nude peach color lipstick in Papaver Peach from Beige on your lips.
I hope you enjoy my first makeup tutorial. If you have any question, please leave a comment below.
See you next time!