Believe it or not, it is much more convenient to make yourself a simple yet healthy lunch instead of spending money on fastfood or expensive restaurants. Just sacrifice a few minutes in the morning to invest in your health and happiness! The following quick, low calorie and healthy lunch ideas will leave you satisfied.
1. Turkey and Cucumber Sandwich (275 calories)
- In a medium bowl, toss together 1/2 cup nonfat mayonnaise, 1 tbsp horseradish, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.
- Once mixed, add 2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey breast and 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions.
- Divide the made mixture among 4 slices of the bread, with the turkey placed on the top.
- Overlap the thinly sliced, seedless cucumber slices over the turkey.
- Place the 4 second slices of bread (*rye bread is recommended!)
If this sounds simple enough, take this recipe of a healthy lunch idea and satisfy your tummies! As a tip, it might be ideal to keep the filling and the bread separately so the sandwich does not get soggy by lunchtime.
2. Summer Roll (287 calories)
- Prepare 12 large cooked shrimp, 4 cups of bean sprouts and shredded cabbage.
- Evenly divide the shrimp, bean sprouts and shredded cabbage between 4 re-hydrated rice paper sheets.
- Wrap it up burrito-style.
- When packing them, you can “double” wrap it with wax paper so the rice paper does not get stuck to whatever container you use.
Although it is spring, summer rolls are a favorite in any season! If you do not like shrimp, you can always replace it with chicken breast.
3. Pizza Roll-Up (217 calories)
- Spread pizza sauce over a 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla.
- Layer evenly with baby spinach and mozzarella cheese (any alternative is okay as long as it is green!).
- Microwave until cheese is melted, which is usually around 45 seconds.
- Roll the tortilla and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- You may slice it into pieces and if made the night before, refrigerate them for the next day!
If you are an avid pizza lover (who isn’t?), this is a great substitute.
4. Mexican Quinoa (240 calories)
- Prepare 1/2 cup cooked quinoa mixed with 1/4 cup of black beans and thawed corn kernels.
- If wanting an extra spice, add in 1 diced red pepper.
- For that extra extra spice, use chipotle chili power; give it a taste before deciding to add more.
Instead of making sandwiches every day, I suggest you try to make this healthy lunch idea.
5. Beet and Goat Cheese Salad (242 calories)
- In a bowl, toss in 2 chopped roasted beets with 2 cups of baby spinach.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese
- Find a container that can fit the salad with enough space for the spinach to breathe.
People tend to usually make a Caesar salad but give your taste buds a new flavor of beets and goat cheese.
And Last, Body Massage Oil.
I know, I know, this is not a healthy lunch idea but it is a product that I personally love and would like to recommend. After making one of these simple, light, healthy lunch ideas and hopefully filling yourself up, there is no other way to end the day better than using LEI LANI’s body massage oil, Just Married! Your body not only deserves the healthiest foods but needs that relaxation from all the stress that comes from work or school. This body massage oil can be used by people with sensitive, dry or oily skin. The ingridients include olive oil, bean oil, juniper oil, macadamia seed oil, lime oil and long-leaf pine, so it is safe to trust this product. WISHTREND highly recommends that you check it out and take interest in one of the best body massage oils for relaxation. For further information, check out the following link, here.
I hope you enjoyed all 5 quick and healthy lunch ideas that I, myself, will be trying out. Your opinion is very important to me, so if you particularly liked one of the recipes, comment below for other readers to take notice.